Monday, August 25, 2008

Rescue Mission Outreach

I was at the Life Rescue Mission on Michigan ave. in Detroit. We had a little outreach and there was many a men. Margie, the lovely pianist played wonderfully, one dear brother of ours gave out a few old hymns about the old cross, and then after asked the men for a favorite. One of their all time favorites is "In the garden."

The preaching was on "the different trees in the Bible.":

Months before, I remembered it was the tree of life (in the garden of eden) and another time after that it was with Zaccheous (the sycamore tree). Then, tonight is was THE tree...about the altogether lovely one, the Lord Jesus Christ "Who his own self bore our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed." (1Peter 2:24).

What a Saviour!!! Words do not and cannot express who He is and what He has done on the Fathers behalf and for us. I am in complete awe of Him!

Abba Father, thank you for yourself, thank you for your Son... we love you! Stir our hearts to a more love and adoration to the One who alone is worthy! We pray for those men at the mission. You know their situation, you know their disappointments, you know their heartaches. May they be sick of their sin and condition and turn from that to you to be saved. We ask, in your Son's lovely name, our dear Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

God is awesome!!! What a joy to be a slave of the king of kings and Lord of Lords!

Please, brothers and sisters, pray for the men's salvation at the rescue mission.

In Christ alone,
Jacob.
Phil. 3:10.


I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses

And He walks with me
And He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known

He speaks and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing

And He walks with me
And He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known

I'd stay in the garden with Him
'Tho the night around me be falling
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling

And He walks with me
And He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known

No comments: