Saturday, August 23, 2008

You have a testimony? I sure do!!

The shortened version...

I am a sinner saved by the sovereign grace and mercy of God.

I had rejected the gospel many times. It wasn't until later in my room on July 16 2004 the Lord Jesus Christ saved me by recalling my attention to a certain passage in Romans 10:13 (which is now my life verse), "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." The Bible says, "Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?" Romans 2:4.

The weight of guilt, because of my sin was heavy upon me. As God's Word says, that "because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed." Romans 2:5.

My heart cried.... "I can be saved!? Me!?"

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13.

I cried out for mercy that night and that big weight was lifted off me by Him and I have never, ever, ever been the same since! Jesus paid it ALL! ALL to Him I owe...

It was very dramatic for me but that's the way it went down...ya know?

How about you? The Bible says "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8.

If you have never asked The Lord Jesus Christ to save you from your sins, you desperately need to, before its too late.

Admit you are a sinner, believe Jesus is God. In John 8:24, the Lord Jesus says,"I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins."

Turn from sin in order to turn to trust Christ alone for your salvation...there is nothing more important! There is no other way (See John 14:6). Without Christ, you will spend eternity in hell when you die...

Please, if God is getting your attention then get a Bible, read over these verses, and read the gospel of John. Look up John 6:37: "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out." God will receive you.

I pray that this was a blessing to you...

If you need help with this, please, send me your thoughts.

Sincerely,

Your friend,

Jake.

No comments: