Friday, September 12, 2008

GOD'S AGAPE LOVE

I only love God in return, because He lavished His love upon me. He showed it to me and gave it to me...

I think of those verses that say this (italics added):

"We love because he first loved us." 1John4:19.

"We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoever has the world's goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?" 1John 3:16, 17.

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us." 1 John 4:7-12.

I love my Lord. I love the Lord Jesus Christ because He loved me first. I love Him because of Who He is and What He has done and continues to do!

Remember, "we love (Him), because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19. Nearer my God to thee!!!

In Christ,

Phil. 3:10.

No comments: