Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What has been on my MIND lately...

I am not yet sure or convinced that Pre-trib (my congregation adheres to pre-trib!) or Pre-wrath is the more scriptural position, although they are pretty similar.

I am convinced about divine election... absolutely! I have not "fully", I guess you could say, formed an opinion if election is:

1) Corporate election meaning the church (the called out ones). "You", as in 'you' plural in being corporately "in Christ" and therefore the elect of God or 2) individual election ex. God has chosen "you" in Christ singularly to be saved? We are dealing with what God thought here ladies and gentlemen... HOLY GROUND!!! Seriously though, these are honest questions from my heart (a heart God knows more than I do)...

Question: are the words like "you", "us", and "those whom" refer to the Church (corporate) or me (as individual) only? Or, is the answer to this like many other doctrines simply "yes"!?

I just started reading a book dealing with this subject called, "Perspectives" -five views on Election.

I also have not formed a solid position on whether or not the gift of tongues has ceased... again, looking into that (although my assembly teaches that they have ceased and are no longer in operation) with another book by zondervan on the different (4) views about this question.

When dealing with how God operates, I am aware of these passages...

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Is. 55:8, 9.

Deut. 29:29, "The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law."

Interesting that the verse in Deut. 29:29b says, "...but the things that are revealed belong to us..."

Is this a "hidden" thing for us, or something that the Lord has "revealed" in His Word for us? Hmmm?

Well thanks again for listening,

In Christ,

Jake.
Phil. 3:10

No comments: